Blessed Sacrament Parish
Blessed Sacrament Parish
“Ubi Caritas et Amor est, Deus Ibi est”
Parish News & Updates
PLEASE TAKE NOTE
IMPORTANT PARISH ANNOUNCEMENT
Good morning everyone!
1. I had a meeting with the Parish Pastoral Council last night, and we agreed that it is better for us to use the method of FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE FOR THE MASSES FOR NOW. People will be expected to wait and be seated by the Ushers. Masses are 5:00 pm Saturday night and 10:00 am Sunday morning. We are encouraged to come to Mass with our masks.
2. There will be Entrance door and Exit door. We will use the side door as exit door only, those who may be unable to go down through the side exit door will wait in their seats until everyone is gone out, then they can use the entrance door to exit
3. Offertory collections would be done as we enter the Church. Collection baskets would be presented to us as we enter the Church. Please drop your offertory envelops, it is for safety reasons.
4. Pews in the Church have been marked with red and all the books removed from the pews. Please comply with the ushers when they assign you a seat. We still have copies of the Missals left. Please pass by and pick a copy @ $2 each.
- During Communion, we are to remain on our seats, the priest and the other minister of the Holy Communion will come to our seats. We are to stretch out our hand supported under by the other hand as way of reverence, the minister without touching our hands, will give us the Body of Christ.
6. Sign of peace is by simple gestures other than hand shaking or hugging.
7. Please we would like to meet with all those who have volunteered and those who would like to volunteer during this reopening of the Church to please come for a very brief, important but emergency meeting tonight at 7:00 pm. We need Ushers, People to administer sanitizers, people to help to spree disinfectant in the Church after each Mass and people to help direct and organize the procession on Sunday.
- Finally, I would be having a Drive Through Sacrament of Reconciliation TODAY at the parking lot. It is open only to the members of our parish from 10:30 am to 12:00 noon and from 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm.
SACRAMENT OF BAPTISM
Kindly advise the pastor at least two months before the date of the celebration.
SACRAMENT OF PENANCE
Before the celebration of mass or by appointment at the rectory.
SACRAMENT OF MARRIAGE
The pastor would be pleased to meet those preparing for marriage at least one year before their marriage.
SACRAMENT OF THE SICK
We are always pleased to bring Holy Communion to the sick or the elderly.
Blessed Sacramant Church
321 Tollgate Road East, Cornwall, Ontario K6H 5R6
Monday to Thursday – 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Closed between Noon and 1 PM
- Saturday – 5:00 PM
- Sunday – 9:00 AM
- Sunday – 11:00 AM
- Monday – 8:00 AM
- Tuesday – 8:00 AM
- Wednesday – 8:00 AM
- Thursday – 8:00 AM
Thank you to our Volunteers. If you have a talent or some spare time, please let us know.